Monday, January 28, 2013

Fur Babies

Today is definitely one of those days.

I went to bed at 7:30 last night because I have an awesome baby who is like, "Sure mom, I can go to sleep for the night at 7pm tonight with only happy fussing and no real fight." And then I'm all like, "Thanks for making me look like I know what I'm doing! I won't even mind if you wake up at 4:30 in the morning like usual and are ready to go because I'll still have had 9 hours of sleep! Go team!"

Then 9:30 pm rolls around and I'm AWAKE.... with the stomach flu.

Then 11:30 pm rolls around and I'm still running back and forth to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so and in between trying to will myself to sleep through the nausea and stomach pain because the ever flushing toilet keeps threatening to wake perfect baby and the other bathroom is way too far away in the dark.... and the dogs would definitely think it was breakfast time if I left the room.

I managed to get to sleep again about 11:30 and then I woke up at 5 am right before the baby. Which is nice. I like to have a few minutes to wake up before she starts yodeling in her pack and play and asking me to turn on Blue's Clues... because Blue's Clues isn't on at 5 am, it's not on until 6 or 6:30 and I really really hate Wonder Pets. It makes me want to gouge my ears out. I was going to say eyes but it's not so much the style of animation that bothers me (even though it's really annoying), it's more the fact that they sing the same song every episode and the voice overs are strained and pitchy.

Moving on.

I am still sick but I have to do my best to entertain my baby because Drew cannot just call in sick and stay home to take care of us. I really don't want her getting sick so I'm trying to do as many exhausting high energy with minimal close face to face interaction things with her as possible to encourage nap.

The dogs aren't helping. That is typical. Here is what happens in my house.

Atlas my golden retriever, super sweet but short on brains.

Atlas: "WHAT MOM!? THE BABY IS ASLEEP!? OKAY! I'M JUST GONNA DRINK THIS WATER...AS LOUD AS I CAN POSSIBLY MANAGE!" Then he spins in circles right outside the door where she is sleeping clicking his nails louder than necessary hoping she will wake up so he can kiss her some more.

Oliver, my corgi, the most emo dog in the world and Sir Grumpy Gills.

Oliver: "HEY! HEY MOM! I KNOW YOU SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS PUTTING IN THIS FENCE SO WE COULD SIT OUTSIDE BECAUSE I WAS BEGGING YOU TO TAKE ME OUTSIDE ALL THE TIME BUT NOW THAT WE HAVE IT I WANT TO SIT INSIDE BECAUSE I DON'T CARE ANY MORE SO I'M GOING TO BARK ROUGHLY ONCE PER SECOND UNTIL YOU STOP IGNORING ME AND LET ME IN." Then he runs directly to his food dish because I let him in so it must be dinner time even though it's only noon and when I don't feed him dinner at noon he paces sadly clicking his nails loudly outside where the baby is sleeping to show his displeasure at my unwillingness to bend to his request.

And that's my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment