Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Give Me A Tiara, I'm Gonna Pageant Queen Cry

Biggest victory in my married life yesterday. No, it wasn't giving birth. Yesterday I made a meal that my husband genuinely ENJOYED. He will try anything I make so long as it is compiled of ingredients approved by picky toddlers, so it's hard to impress him. Not to mention my mother in law is a phenomenal cook. Every time we visit or she visits I manage to gain a minimum of 4lbs in a week. Sometimes more.

Back to the point. I made pot roast. This is a huge step for me anyway because I always look at roasts and think they are way too much money and predict I will mess it up and it will be awful and I will have just wasted a ton of money and then be miserable. But I went for it. And to quote my husband. "That was awesome. You did a great job." No exclamation points because he is pretty laid back. His words were sincere but not nearly as enthusiastic as I would have made them. However I do tend to be a bit over the top and dramatic - a trait our daughter inherited.

I looked over at him and practically teared up as I said "I've been waiting my entire life to hear you say that." And I was completely serious. He replied with a typical, 'You haven't known me your entire life.' And I told him "Fine, our entire married life. Don't ruin this moment for me." Then me and my victory pants walked back into the kitchen to celebrate and be gross and eat a ton more food.

Of course the roast was delicious but I managed to under cook the potatoes. I have never undercooked potatoes. I am Irish and had a serious potato craving during my pregnancy. Apparently I can never get everything all together at once.

If you're curious this is the roast recipe. You should probably make one.


No comments:

Post a Comment